The Yokohama Drivers Cup USA Racing Series is open to semi- professional, amateur, and Club racing drivers only. Competent Motorsport LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to reject any driver deemed to be a “professional driver”.
A driver must meet the following criteria, unless exception is made by Competent Motorsport LLC:
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Proof of current physical examination (within 3 months of Series commencement)
- Current racing driver’s license in good standing sanctioned by PCA, POC, SCCA, NASA, FIA or equivalent sanctioning body accepted by Competent Motorsport LLC.
- Competent Motorsport Annual Competition License ($250 per season)
- Competent Motorsport will determine eligibility of drivers at its sole discretion
All Yokohama Drivers Cup USA Racing Series drivers are required to wear a Hans System at all sanctioned events and during all sessions on the track. Driver safety equipment must meet our code.
During the Yokohama Drivers Cup USA Racing Series the 13/13 policy and penalty will be used as a “deterrent”, making it a penalty for an “on-track” contact and not penalizing the driver for an “off-track” single contact incident. With Yokohama Drivers Cup USA Racing Series personnel at the black flag station, we will have the necessary conversation/action to stop any inappropriate action “on track”. For any “off-track” incidents that occur, a notation will be entered into the driver’s Series logbook accordingly. Continuing to engage in “off-track” incidents will result in the driver not being able to compete in the Series until reinstated by the Series Race Director.